Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Band 8 và từ vựng theo chủ đề Entertainment.
Some people think that young people can learn useful skills by playing electronic and computer games. Others argue that people who play electronic and computer games are wasting their time. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Band 8 Sample
There have been arguments over the possible impacts that computer and electronic games might *on the young. Although there is some truth to the belief that playing games on computers and other electronic devices enhances certain skills, I would side with those who think playing such games is a waste of time.
On the one hand, there are several reasons why some people consider video games as a tool to sharpen some important skills. First, many games, such as science or puzzle games, stimulate young players’ brains and sensitivity, which gives those players an opportunity to cultivate their creativity and problem solving skills. Second, people argue that shooting games, like Counter Strike, require tremendous focus and extremely fast reflexes to complete stages in those games. With reflexes and concentration capability improved, players can demonstrate more effectively daily task which specifically require those enhanced skills.
On the other hand, I would argue that spending time on video games is a waste regardless of the possibility of skill development they might offer. Young people are supposed to study properly either at school or at home, to which this form of entertainment is a grave detriment. Those types of games are fun; however, they are addictive at the same time. An excessive amount of time would be used for games if players are exposed to them on a frequent basis. This, consequently, results in the reduction of time for study, which should be people’s top priority at their age. Furthermore, skills sharpened by computer and electronic games can also be acquired by a number of other healthy, educational and less timeconsuming options, such as reading books or participating in sport clubs.
In conclusion, it seems to me that having a few skills enhanced by playing video games cannot justify the fact that it is a waste of time.
Word count: 305
1. Sharpen some important skills: Mài giũa một số kĩ năng quan trọng
2. Cultivate their creativity and problem solving skills: Phát triển sự sáng tạo và khả năng giải quyết vấn đề
3. Tremendous focus and extremely fast reflexes: Sự tập trung cao độ và phản xạ cực nhanh
4. This form of entertainment is a grave detriment: Loại hình giải trí này là sự gây hại
5. Players are exposed to them on a frequent basis: Người chơi tiếp xúc với game thường xuyên
6. Healthy, educational and less timeconsuming options: Những sự lựa chọn lành mạnh, mang tính giáo dục và ít tốn thời gian hơn