1. Listen and read.
a. Complete the sentences with information from the conversation.
b. Find words in the conversation to match these definitions.
c. Answer the questions.
d. Think of other ways to say these expressions from the conversations.
2. Replace the word(s) in italics with one of the words from the box.
3. Work in pairs to do the quiz.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 2: Getting Started.
A closer look 1
1a. Put one of the adjectives in the box in each blank.
1b. Underline all other adjectives in the letter.
2. Which of the following adjectives describe city life? Put a tick (✓).
3. Put a suitable adjective from 2 in each blank.
4. Listen and repeat, paying attention to the difference in the underlined pronouns. Circle the pronouns that sound strong.
5.a. Listen and mark the underlined words as W (weak) or S (strong).
5b. Work in pairs. Practise the exchanges above.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 2: A closer look 1.
A closer look 2
1. Match the beginnings to the correct endings
2. Complete the text with the most suitable form of the adjectives in brackets. Add the where necessary.
3. Look at the conversation in GETTING STARTED again. Find and underline the phrasal verbs.
4. Underline the correct particle to complete each phrasal verb.
5. Underline the phrasal verbs in the sentences, and match them to their meaning from the box.
6. Read the text and find eight phrasal verbs. Match each of them with a definition from the box.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 2: A closer look 2.
1a. Which of the following features do you like best about a city? Choose three from this list.
1b. Work in groups. Discuss your choices. Give reasons.
2. Read the passage and, in your group, answer the questions below.
3. Read the information about these cities and try to find them on a map.
4. Write a short paragraph (80-100 words) about one of the cities above. You can refer to the passage in 2 as a guide.
5. Work in groups. Talk about the city you chose.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 2: Communication.
1. Work in pairs. What features are important to you in a city? Put the following in order 1-8 (1 is the most important).
2. Read the passage quickly and find the information to fill the blanks.
3. Read the passage again and answer the questions.
4a. Work in groups of five or six. Conduct a survey to rank your own town/city or a town/city you know. Give from 10 points (the best) to 1 point (the worst) to each factor.
4b. Work out the final result of your group. Then present it to the class. Is your group’s result the same or different from that of other groups?
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 2: Skills 1.
1. Does your city, or the one nearest to you, have any of these drawbacks?
2. Listen and write the missing word in each gap.
3. Listen again and choose the correct answer.
4. Read the paragraph and complete the outline below.
5. Choose one item from the list in 1. Make an outline, and then write a paragraph on one of the topics.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 2: Skills 2.
1. Complete the word webs with nouns and adjectives connected with the city.
2. Put one word from the box in each gap.
3. Complete each sentence with the word given, using comparison. Include any other necessary words.
4. Complete each space with a phrasal verb from the list. Change the form of the verb if necessary.
5. Rewrite each sentence so that it has a similar meaning and contains the word in capitals.
6. Work in two teams. The first team gives the name of a city or town in Viet Nam. The other team says any man-made or natural attractions that it is famous for. Then switch. The team with the most items wins.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 2: Looking back.
1. Put the items in these scrambled notices in the correct order, starting with the heading in capitals.
2. Delete the words which are unnecessary in these notices, and make change(s) where appropriate.
3. In 20-30 words, write a notice for one of the following situations.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 2: Project.
Trên đây là toàn bộ đáp án và giải thích chi tiết bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 1: Local Environment. Thông qua bài viết trên, Anh ngữ ZIM hy vọng rằng học sinh sẽ tự tin học tập tốt với môn Tiếng Anh 9 Sách mới.
Tham khảo thêm: 7 lý do tại sao phải học IELTS từ cấp 2, 3
Tác giả: Nguyễn Lê Như Quỳnh