IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a situation when you celebrated an achievement
- What you did
- When you celebrated it
- Who you celebrated it with
- And explain how you felt about that achievement
You know, as soon as I graduated from university, I threw a big party to celebrate this achievement. That was one of the toughest times I’d been through because I had to pull a bunch of all-nighters over many months to revise for my graduation exams. I looked like a panda with dark circles around my eyes, and my hair went gray. My parents, seeing me like this, were very worried and they never ceased to encourage me to keep moving forward.
In the end, I did it. I mean, I passed the university entrance exam. Needless to say, my parents were over the moon. They wanted to announce to the world that I ﬁnally graduated from FTU, one of the most prestigious universities in my city. Personally, besides feeling happy and proud of myself, I was also grateful for their love and care, so I decided to use my savings to hold a BBQ in my own backyard.
The day the party took place, nearly one hundred guests came, most of whom showed up early to help me prepare the food and drinks. During the party, the atmosphere was very cozy because I just invited my family members, relatives and a few acquaintances. I could see that my parents were very proud because I had grown up and become mature enough to ﬁnd a job, hopefully a well-paid one to support my family.
- Throw a big party: tổ chức một bữa tiệc lớn
- Pull a bunch of all-nighters: phải thức thâu đêm
- Dark circles around my eyes: thâm quầng quanh mắt
- Cease: ngưng, dừng
- Pass the university entrance exam: vượt qua bài thi đại học
- Over the moon: rất vui sướng
- Prestigious: danh tếng
- Be grateful for: biết ơn vì
- Show up: xuất hiện, tới một sự kiện nào đó
- Acquaintance: người quen
Các chủ đề tương tự
Những ý tưởng và từ vựng trong bài mẫu trên có thể được sử dụng để phát triển những chủ đề sau:
- Describe a party you attended: the graduation party of my friend who just passed the exam with ﬂying colors. I showed up early to help him prepare the food and drinks. It was a cozy party because he only invited his family and a few acquaintances.
- Describe something you made for others. I celebrated a party for my younger sister who graduated from a prestigious university. That was a tough time for her because she had to pull a bunch of all-nighters, so she totally deserved it
IELTS Speaking Part 3
1. How do Vietnamese people celebrate family events?
Gợi ý: depends on their ﬁnancial ability (tuỳ vào khả năng tài chính), take advantage of (tận dụng, lợi dụng), show oﬀ their wealth (khoe mẽ về sự giàu có), less privileged families (gia đình kém giàu có hơn)
That depends on their ﬁnancial ability. Like, rich people often hold a big party in a fancy restaurant, because they can take advantage of this party as a way to show oﬀ their wealth. However, those living in less privileged families have a tendency to do it at home in a cozy atmosphere to gather and spend time with each other.
2. Why is it so important for sports fans to celebrate when their favorite team wins?
Gợi ý: express their pride (thể hiện sự tự hào), like-minded (cùng chí hướng, cùng tư tưởng), spectator (khán giả)
It is because these fans need a place to express their pride and happiness. That’s an occasion when they can discuss the game with other like-minded spectators and show their sports spirit. Besides, these events are essential as this is a way to celebrate the success of the sportsmen and let them know that they have done a great job.
3. In what way should parents reward their children who achieve a high score?
Gợi ý: unwind (giải trí), be exposed to sunshine (tiếp xúc với ánh nắng), do wonders for (rất tốt cho), grow up materialistic (lớn lên thành người có tnh vật chất, thích vật chất)
I guess the best way is to oﬀer them a trip to some well-known destinations because this not only can also help them to unwind after their examination but also allow them to go out and be exposed to sunshine, which can do wonders for their physical development. This way is much better than rewarding them with money because it may make the children grow up materialistic.
Bạn cần gấp chứng chỉ IELTS để du học, định cư, tốt nghiệp, hay thăng tiến trong sự nghiệp nhanh chóng? Đạt điểm cao trong thời gian ngắn với khóa học luyện thi IELTS cấp tốc hôm nay!