Đề bài: In the modern world, it is no longer necessary to use animals as food or other products, such as medicines and clothing. Do you agree or disagree?
The argument over the use of animals to provide food, medicine, and clothing has been ongoing for years. Some people consider the killing of animals to produce food and other products to be unnecessary. In my view, I agree with this idea and will discuss several compelling reasons in this essay.
These days, we are faced with many public health challenges regarding poor health conditions, including cancer and heart disease, caused by excessive consumption of meat on a regular and long-term basis. Experts are calling for a change in human diets so that people can enjoy better health. Fortunately, many alternative meat products are available on the market. In fact, vegetarian diets are being favored by a growing number of people and can provide the same amount of nutrients for consumers. In particular, mushrooms and tofu contain high levels of protein, a kind of nutrient presumably only found in meat, and can therefore be used as a substitute.
Furthermore, medical experiments on animals and medicines manufactured from
animals’ body parts received little endorsement in the past. Nowadays, herbs and many other types of plant-based medicines, such as ginseng, can cure many diseases, prolong human life expectancy, and aid medical practitioners in the treatment of many illnesses. More seriously, thousands of wild animals, such as tigers and minks, are killed each year, with their fur taken to produce coats and accessories for the fashion industry. There are now similar products made from plants and artificial materials that can fulfill our needs. Animals do not have to suffer for our needs anymore.
In conclusion, I think that our needs and desires do not justify the suffering of animals and animal products are no longer necessary. We can choose a different source of nourishment, medicine and clothing without any toll on wild animals.
- Public health challenges: những thách thức về sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Excessive consumption of meat: sự tiêu thụ thịt quá đà
- Enjoy better health: tận hưởng sức khỏe tốt hơn
- Alternative meat products: các sản phẩm thay thế thịt
- Contain high levels of protein: chứa hàm lượng Protein cao
- Receive little endorsement: nhận được rất ít sự ủng hộ
- Plant-based medicines: các loại thuốc làm từ thực vật
- Fulfill our needs: đáp ứng nhu cầu của chúng ta
- Justify the suffering of animals: bào chữa cho sự chịu đựng của động vật
Đề bài: The best way to ensure the growth of children is to make parents take parenting courses. Do you agree or disagree?
Some people believe that parents should be made to undertake parenting courses in order to guarantee that their children develop well. Personally, I disagree with this idea and will outline the reasons below.
On the one hand, parenting courses could equip parents with necessary skills and knowledge to help them deal with raising their children. For example, many first-time parents can be overwhelmed by the responsibility of caring for their new born infant. Without proper instruction, they do not know how to handle or care for their baby most effectively. Parenting courses could help parents to overcome these common problems. Similarly, many parents have a great deal of trouble dealing with troublesome teenagers who are misbehaving while going through adolescence.(1) Parenting courses could also help parents to better understand and deal with these issues. However, while parenting courses could provide a lot of good skills and information to parents, many people would argue that parenting is an innate skill that every mother and father can naturally access once they have a child.(2) For example, many mothers instinctively know how to hold and care for their child as soon as it is born. In addition, many people have their own ideas about what good parenting involves due to their own upbringing, and cultural influences. Lastly, many people would consider it ridiculous
that people should be forced to attend parenting courses as people should be free to make their own decisions.(3)
In conclusion, although parenting courses could provide some beneficial outcomes for both parents and children, I believe that it should be up to the parents to decide whether or not they wish to participate in such courses.
- To undertake parenting courses: tham gia khoá học nuôi dạy trẻ
- Equip parents with necessary skills and knowledge: trang bị cho bố mẹ kỹ năng và kiến thức cần thiết
- Proper instruction: sự hướng dẫn đúng đắn
- New born infant: trẻ sơ sinh
- Adolescence: giai đoạn thanh thiếu niên
- An innate skill: một kĩ năng bẩm sinh
- Their own upbringing: quá trình nuôi dưỡng
- Cultural influences: những ảnh hưởng về văn hoá
Đề bài: Some people think that the best way to improve road safety is to increase the minimum legal age for driving a car or motorbike. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Some people believe that raising the minimum driving age is the best solution to enhance road safety. I disagree with this idea because I believe that other methods are equally important and should be taken into account as well.
On the one hand, I agree that increasing the minimum age for getting a driving licence can be an effective road safety measure. Firstly, since people are often more mature and have more life experience when they get older, they can make quicker and wiser decisions to avoid dangerous situations on the road compared to younger drivers.(1)
My father, for example, will never use his phone when driving as he knows that he could easily lose his concentration and cause an accident. Secondly, raising the minimum driving age can allow adolescents to have more time to sharpen their driving skills. They can attend defensive driving courses to learn how to deal with different driving scenarios, which will help them minimize the risk of accidents when driving in the future.(2)
On the other hand, I think that better road safety can be achieved by other more effective methods without increasing the driving age. To begin with, more stringent traffic regulations should be imposed, which would act as a deterrent to would-be traffic law breakers. In Singapore, people who run red lights are fined heavily, and therefore this will make them more responsible in order to avoid future punishments. In addition, governments should allocate financial resources to improving public transport, which would encourage citizens to drive their private cars or motorbikes less. As a result, these residents will no longer worry about the risks that they may face when driving their own vehicles, such as drunk driving or falling asleep at the wheel.(3)
In conclusion, while raising the legal driving age can make our roads safer to some
extent, I believe that governments should also introduce other road safety measures
that are discussed above.
- Increasing the minimum age for getting a driving licence: tăng độ tuổi tối thiểu để đạt được bằng lái xe
- More mature and have more life experience: trưởng thành hơn và có nhiều kinh nghiệm cuộc sống hơn
- Make quicker and wiser decisions: đưa ra quyết định nhanh hơn và thông minh hơn
- Sharpen their driving skills: nâng cao kĩ năng lái xe
- Attend defensive driving courses: tham gia khoá học lái xe an toàn
- Stringent traffic regulations: luật giao thông nghiêm khắc hơn
- Act as a deterrent to would-be traffic law breakers: đóng vai trò như một sự răn đe tới những người có ý định vi phạm luật trong tương lai
- Allocate financial resources to improving public transport: phân bố nguồn lực tài chính để cải thiện phương tiện công cộng