IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe your ideal house
You should say:
- Where this place is
- What it is like
- Who you visited the house with
- and explain why it is ideal to you
Bài mẫu tham khảo
Alright I am going to share with you my dream house.
Two years ago, during the winter break of my college sophomore year, I spent three weeks with my uncle’s family in Philadelphia. On New Year’s Eve, my uncle took me to a party hosted by Mr. Thompson, one of his friends who, according to my uncle, is ridiculously rich. And he was not joking.
Anyway, not until halfway through the trip did I realize I was far away from urban area and when I questioned my uncle, he replied: “yeah we’re going to Atlantic city, it’s a beach house”. But it was not a house. It was a mansion! The enormous construction, which had a stunning view over the Atlantic Ocean, looked like a palace on the outside.
Inside the house was just an architectural masterpiece. You see, all the decorations had a beach theme ranging from the blue shell-shaped toothbrush holder to the white sand carpet. Although there were four guest bedrooms on the ground floor, I chose to spend that night on the carpet. On the second floor lied a massive balcony looking towards the beautiful sea where we welcomed the New Year together with a glass of champagne.
At that moment of luxury, I made a promise to myself: “this will be my house in the future.”
- Mansion: dinh thự
- Palace: cung điện
- Architectural masterpiece: tuyệt tác kiến trúc
- Toothbrush holder: hộpđựng kem đánh răng
- balcony: ban công
- Moment of luxury: phút giây sang chảnh
Các chủ đề tương tự
Những ý tưởng và từ vựng trong bài mẫu trên có thể được sử dụng để phát triển những chủ đề sau:
- Describe an unusual experience of travelling: my uncle drove me to a party of rich people in a beautful mansion.
- Describe a party you enjoyed: I had a party hosted by my uncle’s rich friend in a beautful mansion and I totally enjoyed it.
- Describe a person who encouraged you to achieve a goal: Mr. Thompson and his beautful mansion motvated to work hard and be successful in the future.
IELTS Speaking Part 3
Bài mẫu tham khảo
What are the differences of living in the city and living in the countryside?
- City: hiện đại, sôi động, tấp nập hơn, nhiều cơ hội việc làm, nhiều cơ sở vật chất tốt hơn (trường học, bệnh viện).
- Countryside: không khí trong lành, bình yên, ít tắc đường, nhịp sống chậm, nhiều sự riêng tư hơn (ít hàng xóm), ăn thức ăn sạch tự trồng, rẻ hơn.
In my opinion, both decisions come with several benefits. Life in the city is bustling and fast-paced. That’s why people in big cities always seem to be in a hurry. Meanwhile, living in the country gives you a sense of tranquility that you can never find in a city. Everything seems so peaceful and quiet, which makes people feel at ease and carefree most of the time.
What are the disadvantages of living in the city?
Gợi ý: Ô nhiễm không khí và âm thanh, chật chội thiếu không gian sống, chi phí sinh hoạt đắt đỏ, tỉ lệ tội phạm cao (thành phố lớn).
There are plenty. For example, people living in big cities like Hanoi have to suffer from air and noise pollution from traffic, a lack of living space and high crime rate, just to name a few. Also, the living expenses in the city are much more expensive than that of the countryside. I mean electricity and water bills can cost you millions of VND per month, especially in this boiling hot weather.
Can you compare cities in the past and present?
In the city: hiện đại hơn, nhiều toà nhà cao tầng hơn, mật độ giao thông cao hơn, dẫn đến ô nhiễm nhiều hơn, nhịp sống nhanh hơn.
Yea I think there have been many changes over the last decades, ranging from the developments of traffic infrastructures to the constructions of many skyscrapers. For example, Hanoi has recently developed a modern skytrain system hat helps relieve a lot of pressure on the city’s main roads.
- Relieve pressure on smt: giảm áp lực lên
- Fast-paced: nhịp sống nhanh
- In a hurry: vội vã
- Sense of tranquility: cảm giác yên bình
- Just to name a few: mới chỉ liệt kê 1 ít
- Skyscrapers: nhà cao tầng
- Skytrain system: hệ thống tàu trên cao
Tác giả: Giảng viên tại ZIM
Bạn ước mơ du học, định cư, thăng tiến trong công việc hay đơn giản là muốn cải thiện khả năng tiếng Anh. Hãy bắt đầu hành trình chinh phục mục tiêu với khóa học luyện thi IELTS hôm nay!