Topic: Nowadays young people are admiring media and sports stars, even though they do not set a good example. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 2 Band 7
The younger generation are having great admiration for media and sport celebrities although they are not perfect role models to follow. In my view, this could be seen as detrimental.
From one standpoint, emulating famous entertainment stars might spark changing patterns of fashion and behavior among young adults who are not mature enough to judge what is suitable within their society. As matter of fact, they show a propensity for copying what those stars say or do on TV, even if their actions go against the cultural value of some localities. Regarding fashion, the way Dam Vinh Hung, who is a renowned Vietnamese singer, dresses would be the onset of a modern yet rather unacceptable trend of fashion with exposed skin. Unfortunately, the young have yet to understand the long-term shortcomings of such a trend to traditional way of dressing which values the beauty and elegance of clothes such as the Ao Dai.
Additionally, such reverence for celebrities in the field of entertainment would possibly cause a detriment to social security under certain circumstances. A typical example of this is the chaos during and after Korean singers and musical bands’ show in Vietnam a few years ago when the crowd of fans went uncontrollable, which caused irritation for the locals and also danger to the fans themselves. Furthermore, if their idols were criticized due to their scandals, they would try to sugar-coat the situation or even trigger arguments. This would be really challenging for authorities to maintain security.
In conclusion, I suppose the phenomenon that young people idolize media and sport celebrated individuals who are notorious in some aspects is negative.
Từ vựng theo chủ đề
- Media and sport celebrities: Người nổi tiếng trên truyền hình hoặc thể thao
- Role models: Hình tượng (tạm dịch)
- Famous entertainment stars: Những ngôi sao nổi tiếng trong ngành giải trí
- Changing patterns of fashion and behavior: Thay đổi cách ăn mặc và cư xử
- Show a propensity for: Có xu hướng cho cái gì
- Value the beauty and elegance of clothes: Trân trọng vẻ đẹp và sự lịch lãm của trang phục
- Reverence for celebrities in the field of entertainment:Sự hâm hộ những người nổi tiếng trong ngành giải trí
- Cause irritation for the locals: Gây nên sự khó chịu cho người địa phương
- Sugar-coat: Nói giảm
- Idolize media and sport celebrated individuals: Hâm mộ những cá nhân nổi tiếng trên truyền hình và thể thao