Some people choose to have their first child at an older age. What are the reasons? Do advantages outweigh disadvantages?
Bài mẫu IELTS Writing Task 2 Band 7
There is a growing proportion of the world’s population who decide to have children later in life.The underlying reasons for this trend are varied, and I suppose that the merits would eclipse the downsides.
There are two main factors leading to the decision of delaying childbirth. The first one is because people have the propensity for prioritizing their careers over taking parental roles. Especially in the US and other developed countries, not only men but also women want to stabilize their finance before becoming parents so as to provide their kids with sufficient living condition for their future development. Another explanation for this is that many modern individuals have adopted a fear of taking unwanted custody due to the recent alarming rate of divorce. It is because premature marriages have become common, which usually goes with many couples’ doubt of their marital harmony, deterring their early desire for raising a child. There would be, consequently, fewer kids growing up without fatherhood or motherhood.
However, the drawbacks should not be overlooked. That too many couples following such a trend might exert adverse effects on the population structure, which potentially results in the future aging workforce and hinders social development in the long term. Additionally, it could both heightenthe possibility of infertility among mothers at their old age and risk the new-born babies’ mental and physical health. Down Syndrome could be a typical example of the problems that those kids might have to suffer from.
In conclusion, the occupational prioritization and the hesitation over the likelihood of single-parent responsibility could be seen as the root of late childbirth, and I am convinced that the advantages are of more significance.
Từ vựng theo chủ đề
- To delay childbirth: Trì hoãn sinh con
- The propensity for prioritizing their careers over taking parental roles: xu hướng coi trọng nghề nghiệp trước khi có con
- Adopted a fear of taking unwanted custody: Có nỗi sợ phải nuôi con không mong muốn sau khi li hôn
- Marital harmony: Sự hòa thuận trong hôn nhân
- The possibility of infertility: Khả năng vô sinh
- The occupational prioritization and the hesitation over the likelihood of single-parent responsibility: Sự coi trọng nghề nghiệp và sự đắn đo trước khả năng phải nhận trách nhiệm của bố/mẹ độc thân