1. Mai and Jim are talking about their options after finishing secondary school. Listen and read.
2. Answer the questions.
3. Match the words and phrases in the conversation with their definitions.
4. Find sentences with phrasal verbs consisting of a verb, an adverb, and a preposition; and adverbial clauses in the conversation. Write them in the space below.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Getting Started.
Complete the sentences using the correct form of the words or phrases from 3 in GETTING STARTED.
1. Listen to part of the conversation in GETTING STARTED again. Underline the words that are not stressed.
2. Now listen to the conversation in 1 again. Practise it with a partner. Try to use the correct sentence stress.
1. Match the phrasal verbs in A with their meanings in B.
2. Complete each sentence using the correct form of a phrasal verb in 1. You don’t need to use all the verbs.
3. Underline the adverbial clause in each sentence below. Then say what type of adverbial clause it is.
4. Combine each pair of simple sentences into one complex sentence containing an adverbial clause. Use the words provided and make any necessary changes.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Language.
1. Work with a partner. Guess what the students in the pictures may do after they leave school.
2. Read some career advice for secondary school leavers. Choose the appropriate heading for.
3. Find the words/phrases/expressions in the reading text which are closest in meaning to the following. Write them in the correct space.
4. Read the text again and answer the questions.
5. Discuss with a partner. Which is the most useful piece of advice for you in the text? Why do you think it is useful?
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Reading.
1. Choose sentences a-f to complete the discussion between Linda, Lan, and John.
2. Find the expressions that John, Lan, and Linda used to talk about their ambitions and dreams in the conversation. Write them in the correct space.
3. Work in groups of three. Use the expressions in 2 to make a similar conversation about your own ambitions and dreams.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Speaking.
1. Look at the pictures. What jobs do the people in the pictures do? Write down the job under each picture.
2. Match each word with its meaning.
3. Listen to an interview about the positive and negative points of the careers of three people. Match the career with each interviewee.
4. Listen again and decide if the followingstatements are true (T), false (F), or not given (NG).
5. Work in groups. Do you agree or disagree with the positive and negative points of the three careers in the listening? Why?/Why not? Can you add more points?
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Listening.
1. Read the job application letter and write the numbers (1-8) next to the letters (a-h) to show the correct components of the letter.
2. Read the job advertisement. Make a list of the qualities and experience you may need for the job.
3. Write a letter of around 180 words applying for the job in the advert in 2. Include all the letter components in 1 and follow the writing plan below.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Writing.
Communication and culture
1. Listen to Peter, Jane, and Mary talking about their summer jobs. What does each person do? Write his/her job under each picture.
2. Listen again. Do Peter, Jane, and Mary like their jobs? Why or why not? Tick the correct column and take notes in the table below.
3. Work in groups. Imagine you are going to do a summer job. Tell your group about your job and why you like or dislike it.
1. Read the text about a year out and answer the questions that follow.
2. Discuss the questions with a partner.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Communication and culture.
1. Listen and underline the unstressed words in the following sentences.
2. Underline the unstressed words in the following sentences and practise reading them aloud.
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the words/phrases in the box.
1. Complete the sentences using the correct form of the phrasal verbs in the box.
2. Make a complex sentence from each pair of sentences. Use the words provided and make any necessary changes.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Looking Back.
1. Work in groups. Interview your group members about their future careers. Use the table below as a guide.
2. Present the results of the interviews to the class.
Giải chi tiết: Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Project.
Những bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 9: Choosing a career đều được thiết kế bài bản, đầy đủ kiến thức và thực hành để đem lại hiệu quả học tập môn tiếng Anh cao nhất. Các bài tập giúp củng cố kiến thức, cũng như kiểm tra, đánh giá kết quả sau quá trình học mỗi bài của học viên. Bài viết này hi vọng đã giúp người đọc hiểu sâu hơn về những bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9 trong sách thí điểm và nhớ lại kiến thức đã học qua mỗi tiết học, góp phần tăng cường và nâng cao khả năng tiếng Anh cho học viên lớp 12.
Tìm hiểu thêm: 7 lý do tại sao phải học IELTS từ cấp 2.